Tuesday, February 5, 2013

.Could Have Been Great But OK Is Alright Too.

I had an early muck-up this morning but managed to think some sense and made it right.  I can't undo what I did but I did minimise it.  What did I do?

Husband bought a big bag of potato chips and started on them yesterday.  I went outside and mowed so as to not be tempted.  By the time that I came in he had finished.  This morning he mentioned the half bag that was left and offered to get rid of them for me.  I was feeling good, strong willed and as he was on his way to work I said that I'd do it, I'd feed them to the chooks.  He leaves, I go outside to do something, come in and start clearing up...and find the chips.  I put them on the bench to remind me to get rid of them.  I need breakfast but the oats haven't soaked for long enough yet so I pick up the chips, sit at the computer and start eating them.   I started reading a thread on SS, thought of what I was doing and quickly crushed the bag, went outside and tipped them in the chook bucket.  I had maybe a handful before I thought but that is a lot better than finishing the rest of the half bag like I was on the way to so feeling good about that.

I had also packed up his lollies and crunchies for him to take with him this morning so was feeling good that they weren't here for me to pinch when he comes back inside and goes to the fridge...to take out the other bag of crunchies to get them away from Miss Gutsallmighty.  I'm glad he remembered as I didn't know they were there but would have come across them and had a few while he was gone.

I don't even want the crap food when it is not here, I don't miss it at all, I don't even think about it.  But when I know it is here, and it is open...I want it so bad it's all I think of.  If it's not open it's usually safe but opened bags...get them out of here, I don't need them.

I did get up and go for a bikeride so at least most of the planned moving for the day is already done.  The rest will be achieved with some mowing or another ride.

3 comments:

  1. I'm exactly the same Barb. If its there I find the temptation unbearable but if its not there I don't even think about it. You are doing an amazing job. Well done on the bikeride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! That is very well done on the mid-chip willpower. And the bikeride. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just started to read your blog. Good luck with the healthy eating. I can't help feeling your partner is not being very helpful by having all these bags of chips and crunchies under your nose. Maybe he needs to think about making it easier for you to eat healthily, not harder. Which means thinking of whats good for you sometimes and not just focussing on his own wants ....

    ReplyDelete