Saturday, May 2, 2020

Sat 2nd May - Fri 8th.




Saturday Went bushwalking again this morning.   Daughter has an app that shows how long we walk, how many km's, how long it takes... What this mornings record doesn't show is all the uphill bits that we did.  Lots!  And then some more.  I will ask her for the stats and put them on here somewhere just for my own record.  No bikeride today.




Sunday  Was going to have a rest day after yesterdays walk but felt OK this morning and decided on a short ride, maybe the 8km.  Got to the 4k turnaround and still feeling OK thought I'd do 10, maybe 11...Got to the 5.5 turnaround and the next one "was right there" so I went for it.  13 km ride over and done with before 8am.  Happy with that!   And this evening daughter walked out to our place so I walked halfway back with them, More than a km but not much.

Monday  It's raining and I'm too sooky to ride in the rain.  I could use the stepper.  Or the exercise bike.  But I need to go into work for a couple of hours soon...Hmmm, maybe later.  Ended up getting on the exercise bike for 17 minutes.  Would have been longer but the tablet went flat!

Tuesday  4ish km walk.  Walked the streets in town this morning with daughter, for over an hour.   I used to be able to walk 3k's in 30-35 min, flat ground.  This mornings walk, much slower, but not as flat.  It felt like a real workout, much harder that the bike rides.

Wednesday  Massive storms here last night and wet and windy this morning so I was gunna stay home, light the fire, watch Netflix...But daughter rang so we went for a walk.  It was slow as grandson wanted to jump in all the puddles.   Her app says I walked 2.4km, it seemed a lot longer but could be because it was so slow...  No ride.  Edit the walk was longer, 3.85 by my calculations.

Thursday  Nothing.  I'd like to call it a rest day but really I just kinda forgot to do anything because it was wet and cold.

Friday  Rode the 13km route this morning.  We had storms a couple of days ago and the evidence of how wild it was is all over the road, so many branches, sticks and honky nuts.  And a few trees down.



Am I fitter?  Absolutely.  This mornings ride was quite easy and I didn't even have to change gears as much as usual.  I'm even thinking I'm ready to add some distance, might aim for a 15km ride before the end of the month.




No comments:

Post a Comment