Sunday, April 26, 2020

Week 25th April - 1st May

Sat 25th  I don't think I did anything...Again...

Sun  8km ride this morning.  This afternoon daughter rang so I went for a short walk with them out at the pines, mostly sandy tracks and my back was hurting but it was OK.

Mon   20 min on the exercise bike.  I was a bit sore from yesterday so didn't do my morning ride but at the end of the day before showering I thought I'd better do something.  It was going to be 10 min but went to 15 and then 20 so happy with that.  I haven't been on here for a long time and my legs were hurting but I will try and get on here more often as it is different to the proper bike....

Tues  Just back from 11km ride.  I saw my/the/a/ fox.  A km away from where I have seen the fox before but heading in that direction...until he saw me and turned and ran away across the paddock.  Could be the same one.  But it could also be one of dozens that live out in that area.☺

Wed  Had a late night so was only going to do the 8km ride but when I reached the turnaround point thought I'd try for the 11 again.  But the next curve was  "right there" so I went to that.  And from there I could see the corner house, my goal point,..."right there",  so went to that.  It's been many years since I last rode this far knowing I had to turn around and get home again.  All up 13km this morning so pleased with that. My knees were aching by the time I reached the 12 k mark but seem OK now.

Thur  Bushwalk with daughter.  Her app says 55min walking, we were away from car for an hour and 20ish...Some hilly bits, a nice walk.   No ride.

Fri  Rode the 13km ride this morning, not meaning too, not planning too...But "it was right there"!  Took a long time though and was hard work as it was a tad windy, but only when I was going West, North and East...Heading South was an easy ride and just as well as that is the way home!

Am I fitter?  Yes, definitely.  Started out with struggling to do 4km and now I'm doing 13.  Well only twice and it is a struggle but there is no way I could have ridden this far on the old bike and not even on this new bike when I first got it.   And I have added in bushwalking which is a whole different lot of aches.

No comments:

Post a Comment