Sunday, April 12, 2020

Things I See. And think of...

We are in a rural area so I always see cows, a couple of horses, a pony, sheep and birds of different sorts, on my ride when I head North way.   It's nice.

Today, 12 April 2020, Easter Sunday, on the way out I saw 5 or 6 x 28's, a rabbit , a willy, crows/ravens...On the way back I saw the guinea fowl in a paddock of where they used to be.  I haven't seen them since I started riding again past this property and thought that they were gone but no, just hanging out in a different area.  And probably not the same ones that we used to see all over the road all those years ago! 

Also saw a fox!  7:45am and he was on the side of the road, took off when it saw me and streaked across the road and through the paddock.  Yep, I see a fox running away and think of Ethel...
Saw more, or the same, 28's, and another willy, there's that song again...

Wondered how far it was to the corner that we used to ride to, and if I rode to there would I be able to get home again...Didn't try as I didn't have my phone with me to call for a pick up if I couldn't.  But I will eventually get there.  And back again too!

Wondered if farmers still spread super on their paddocks as there was a strong smell in some areas, not fox smell. 

Thought of my husband when I saw a dove or pigeon sitting on the powerlines...I didn't know what type it was and he would have.  Then started getting cranky with our plumber because he didn't come and finish the job we've been waiting more than 12 months for and what if husband needs to go into isolation.  Then worried about him a bit and forgot about the plumber.  And forgot about husband within minutes (seconds) as there was other things to see and wonder about! 

And coming down our road there was a bandicoot in the drain.  It also took off when it heard me...Seems I have that affect on wildlife.

I enjoy my rides, so pleased I now have a bike that I can ride and get out there again.






No comments:

Post a Comment