Friday, December 2, 2011

What's Up?

My computer caught a virus or 9 a few weeks back and although it has been fixed it isn't *quite right*
I can't comment as Me again and a few other things but the daughter knows how to change that.  I will call on her later.  Not long after the computer died the scales went the same way. They had been sick for awhile so I tried to fix them and instead killed them completely.  I have the old ones here somewhere and will need to find them. 

I haven't done any walking or riding since coming back from Hopetoun, so a month of nothing.  Still mowing and I think that is the only thing that has stopped  the great lazy lump that hides inside of me from coming out completely.  I complain about the grass growing all the time but it does have it's uses. 

Husband has finally gone back to work so the eating is back to normal.  I like to eat fresh unprocessed  food but do eat too much.   When Hubby is home the house has bought processed crap in it, chocolate, chips, crackers... and like he says. I don't have to eat it... but I do.  And icecream.  What 2 people needs a box of 20 drumsticks in their freezer?!  Well, there are none there now so things can get back to normal.  I'm running out of lentils though so will need to get some more real soon.

At the moment my breakfast of choice is eggs.  I have more than a dozen dozen in the fridge and though some get sold and lots are frozen that still leaves a lot of eggs.   I have some cooked chook/rooster and a cold roast in the fridge so that is my meat for the next couple of days.  Add in fresh salad and veg from the garden and my meals are sorted.  Apricots, strawberries and  beans straight from the bush are being snacked on.  I may will probably make up some custard as that uses up a few eggs and gets some milk into me.  The food will be healthy but there will be too much of it..  I REALLY need to work on that!

I don't/wont count calories to lose weight.  That is not a sustainable thing for me.  I don't fry foods.  I don't have sugar in tea or coffee and always use less that any recipes says to.  I rarely buy biscuits and don't bake as I would be the one that eats it.  I drink coffee, 3-5 cups a day and drink plenty of water, not cool drink or cordials.  I would rather have real food than bought *diet* food.  I do drink powered skim milk though, made up stronger than the label says so it is not weak and watering.  I like that better than bought milk which is not at all like milk should be...

When Hubby is home there is sometimes takeaway, my favorite being hot chips, the crunchy ones.  Not every week, not every fortnight...not even every month.  We don't eat a lot of junk food when we are home but there are times when it might be a couple of times in a week but then none for months.  Travelling with him is junkfood hell and I think there will be more of that next year so I need to plan better for those times.

I know that I am fat and unfit and would like to be fitter and thinner but obviously not enough to actually get serious and do it.  Don't know why that is...There is so much that I want to do, you know the stuff, *wander the countryside, climb big rocks and swim in lakes and rivers.*  and it would all be a lot more fun if I was fitter and not so fat.

Next year is less that a month away and I plan on going on more adventures then so lets see if I can get the mindset in the right gear.  Eating well over the next week will be a good start but moving more will be a better one...Better go get the mower out...

4 comments:

  1. It's so difficult not to eat junk food if it's in the house. My husband also buys prepacked food. I love my eggs too but have to limit them as an egg has 6 grams of fat in the yolk and as I'm trying to keep under 25gms/day a couple of eggs can really make a difference. I don't use butter or margarine on sandwiches either and use skim milk but it's surprising what foods you find small amounts of fats/oils in and they all add up.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need fats in our diet and I'd rather get them from real food than butter, marg, oil.
    If I had to buy food I wouldn't eat as much!

    You're doing so well, good on you.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb,

    Bdoesn't like me much at the moment - but if you want to try and email me it's liane at castinet dot com dot au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb, sorry to hear about your computer :(
    - Scather @ scathingweekly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete