Saturday, October 5, 2013

Eight Week Challenge...40 Points a day...

I've rejoined the ongoing 8 week challenge over on Simple Savings so will need to get myself organised or I'll fail again.    I will keep a record of the food I eat and the moving that I do each day here.  This challenge works on a points system, we get points for different things that we do.  Below is what we will be aiming for:
  • 1 - Daily post
  • 4 - 2 litres of water
  • 5 - Food diary
  • 5 - No eating after 9 pm (or 2 hours before bed if that works for you)
  • 5 - 30 mins of exercise (can only count once a day)
  • 5 - an extra 15 mins of exercise (can only count once a day)
  • 5 - no sugary treats (you define this - my definition includes snacky carbs, 2nd glass of wine, any wine other than red, bread and of course, sugary items)
And then whichever ONE of these options suits you best:
  • 10 - Made up of 3 serves vege (5 points) and an extra 2 serves vege (5 points)
  • 10 - Made up of 3 serves vege (5 points), 2 extra serves of vege (3 points) and 2 serves fruit (2 points)
  • 10 - Made up of 5 different veges (5 points) and two different fruits (5 points) (This helps if the quantity of 7 serves is just too much to take in.)
  • 10 - Keeping to food plan/calorie intake
The trick is to aim for 40/40 points on any given day, 280 possible in a 7 day period. Extra points for weightloss are added when you weigh in at the end of your 7 days.
At the end of 7 days, if you maintain your lowest weight (or go below it), you add 5 points.
For every 500g you are below that lowest weight, add 10 points.

Looks easy and sensible doesn't it?  It is so it always bugs me that I have trouble getting those 40 points.  I wont get there today because it's 2pm already and I just joined so wont get the water in and am sore already so the 30 min of exercise might not happen let alone the extra 15!

But I'll see how I go with it all.  Anyone here interested in joining me?




No comments:

Post a Comment