Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Long Ride.

I asked Hubby this morning if he thought we could get to daughter L's place by going out the back roads and how far it would be.  He brought up http://www.nearmap.com/  and said it looked doable and was maybe a bit more than 9km there.
I suggested we do it...so we did. 
It was real road all the way except near her place where the km long *no through road* was a bit of a sandy track.  It took us 45 minutes to get to her house.
Asked her if she wanted to ride back with us so after a bit of a rest the three of us started back.  The sandy *no through road* was a bit harder for me on the return ride and there were a few boggy bits that nearly had me off the bike and on the ground.


About half way home L was talking about interval training so every now and then one of us would say "next white posts" or "yellow sign"and we'd all go as fast as we could 'til we got to next white posts or yellow sign then we'd ride normal speed until some bright spark set the next challenge.
We were back here in around 50 minutes, all 3 of us hot and sweaty with sore bits.  We all jumped in the dam to cool down, had a bit of a swim around, a bit of a play...
All good fun but I am now SO SORE!!   

Not sure when we will do it again but it won't be anytime soon. 

Maybe next weekend...

L is here and has just said that it took her, wait for it, 35minutes to ride back to her place.  She did say it wasn't much fun though and I can imagine.  She said she went pretty fast and was really trying. 
 I will not even try and match that time.
   Though I do think I can get it down to around 40...maybe...but not this week.

2 comments:

  1. Aha, I wondered where you went on your other blog! Now, I see...lol. Is a pushbike a bicycle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. pushbike = bicycle. I say pushbike as opposed to motorbike.

    ReplyDelete